Maine is a big potato producer and being from northern Maine, also known as The County, potatoes were everywhere. There are so many great ways to enjoy potatoes so of course I just had to try doing them in the smoker! I've prepared potatoes many ways over the years but combining them with cheese, bacon and our award winning Apple Rum Sauce is one of my favorites.
Even though I did these in the smoker you could easily do them in the oven.
- Wash potatoes- I use either round whites or russets.
- Cook 3-4 bacon strips, cook and chop.
- Microwave for 5-6 minutes, you want them to be just starting to soften.
- When cool slice potatoes into 1/4" slices.
- Dress the slices with cooked bacon, cheese and top with Apple Rum BBQ Sauce
- Cook in the smoker until a fork inserts easily into the potato. If using the oven cook at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.
You can also add chopped green onions.
These are great as an appetizer or with a pork loin.